Dear Parent / Guardian,
I hope you are all keeping well. On Monday morning we will be going back into online learning for all students. Students will have a Zoom Assembly with their Year Head at 9am on Monday morning. Classes will commence at 9.40am.
Please note the following:
- Students will follow their normal timetable for all classes. Live classes and assignments will be scheduled for timetabled class times.
- It is expected that all students will engage fully with online teaching other than in exceptional circumstances. If for some reason your child is unable to engage please let us know. We will put in place a system to follow up with parents where a child is failing to submit work as required.
- The school Code of Behaviour still applies for all online interactions.
- Google Classroom is the digital platform that all student work will be assigned on. They will also receive feedback via Google Classroom and live Zoom classes. You can access Google Classroom through any digital device.
- It is important to note that not all classes will be live Zoom classes. A blended approach is much more effective and will involve directed learning via video and other means, assigned work, independent learning tasks, constructive feedback and Zoom classes.
- Resource classes will continue via Zoom where possible.
- Staggered break times will no longer apply. Break times for all are from 11 to 11.15 and Lunch is 1.15 to 2.00.
- Reports for the Christmas Exams are due to be completed by 15th of January and will be made available online then via VSWare.
If any household has any issues with regard to access to electronic devices please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org. We have a limited number of devices that we can loan to students.
We will provide all normal school supports as much as possible to ensure your daughter(s) get as much from it as possible.
This Remote Learning situation is in place until January 31st and I will keep you updated on developments as they become available.
St. Mary’s Sec. School